Did you know February is the Pet Dental Health Month?! This month we will feature a series of blogs relevant to your pets dental health!
Our pets dental health is extremely important and prevention is a key strategy for minimizing dental disease! Periodontal disease is increasingly common in our young dogs and cats and in addition to causing stinky breath, it can have lasting and serious health impacts. Luckily there are a variety of products available, including toothpaste and tooth brushes, oral gels and sprays, as well as several natural dental chews, to help us help our pets maintain healthy teeth and gums!
Here is a round-up of some of our favourite dental products:
1. Crumps Plaque Busters: These 100% natural dental chews are made in Canada, and we just love them! Made with sweet potato and finely ground oyster shells these treats are full digestible, and are a good source of calcium, fibre and beta-carotene.
2. Northern Biscuits Fresh Breath Biscuits: These wonderful crunch biscuits are made in Canada, and contain parsley (natural breath freshener), myrtle leaf (helps prevent bacteria growth), and Atlantic Kelp (detoxifies impurities).
3. Black Sheep Organics Toothpaste: Another Canadian made item, this peppermint toothpaste is made with all natural and organic ingredients, to naturally deodorize breath.
4. Minties Dental Bones: These treats combine peppermint, parsley, dill, fennel and alfalfa to help to clean your dogs teeth, reduce plaque and tartar, and promote fresh breath.
5. Chews and bones! There are so many chews and bones available that your dog can chew on to promote dental health. Our favourite chews include Primal raw marrow bones, PuppyLove Bully Sticks, and Icelandic+ Codskins!